POSTED ON 02.03.2020
Chatbox® is an integrated messaging platform that businesses leverage to create and automate personalized, results-oriented conversations across texting, chat and social channels. Flexible and extensible, the Chatbox platform connects an enterprise’s existing data and systems with the latest messaging technologies to meet evolving consumer demands. With the addition of Instant Apps, enterprise businesses can facilitate the dynamic exchange of rich, structured data within messaging streams while syncing in real time to CRM and back-end data sources.
Chatbox is growing fast and we are looking for people to join our high performance team who are excited to make a difference and help out wherever needed. The Sales Engineer will support the sales team by helping understand complex customer business problems and requirements and translating them into solutions leveraging Chatbox’s solutions.
This position reports jointly to the VP Engineering and Chief Revenue Officer. This role is also based from the Seattle office and will support all of Chatbox's current and future go to market efforts.
- Uncover and document complex customer business needs and processes
- Comprehend and document customer internal systems and architecture
- Map customer needs and systems to Chatbox solutions
- Establish confidence in recommendations via product expertise, custom product demonstrations, technical discussions, mapping business processes, RFP/RFI responses, and product roadmap discussions
- Utilize process flows, architecture diagrams, and presentation skills to communicate and evangelize recommendations and the business value they provide
- Partner with sales to deliver on revenue plan
- Exhibit technical expertise across all current and future Chatbox enterprise messaging offerings
- 2+ years prior experience within a mid-market or enterprise level pre-sales role selling SaaS solutions and concepts
- BS/BA degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
- 3+ years prior pre-sales experience within an enterprise level SaaS offering, ideally cloud-based
- Skilled at delivering software demonstrations in-person and virtually
- Experience with technical business documentation like business process flows, architectural diagrams, proposals, RFPs and RFIs, etc.
- Proven experience working with customers from all levels and business units within an organization
- Familiarity with Enterprise-class software systems such as ERP, CRM, and ECM systems
- Familiarity w/system integration methods including web services, SOAP & REST APIs
- Familiarity with web-based solutions, website development, HTML, XML, and structured data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to travel 25% or more as needed
Compensation & Benefits
- Early stage stock options plan: We want you to be truly invested in the amazing things you’re helping to build.
- Flexible Paid Time Off: We believe people are at their best when they have the time to rest their minds and bodies.
- Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD/Life/AD&D): A healthy team is a happy team. We offer a competitive medical and dental plan to keep you and your family in tip-top shape.
- 401(k): another place to stash that hard-earned cash.
- A fun office with well-stocked kitchen: Snacks do the body good.
- Team Appreciation: Socials, game nights, company potlucks, and poker and ping-pong tournaments help keep the Chatbox team connected and energized.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require the sponsorship of a visa.
Email us at email@example.com
Not finding the right position for your skill set? Send us your resume anyway.
Don't miss a thing. Stay up to date on the latest tips, hacks, and news.
“The impact to our admissions process was instant and measurable. We saw an increase in conversion in less than a week, and the impact was so indisputable we cancelled testing and rolled it out globally.”
Edward Nevraumont, COO, General Assembly