POSTED ON 06.19.18
Chatbox® is an integrated messaging ecosystem that businesses leverage to create and automate personalized, results-oriented conversations across texting, chat and social channels. The Chatbox plug and play ecosystem connects an enterprise’s existing data and systems with the latest messaging technologies to meet evolving consumer demands. Our team is growing fast and we are looking for a knowledgeable, dynamic VP Sales for our team in Seattle!
Chatbox just launched a new version of our platform in July and we are looking for an ambitious, influential individual to lead our sales and build out our sales team. The VP Sales works closely with the VP Client Services to determine the best way to support our various types of customers, current and potential. Additionally, the VP Sales will be responsible for developing sales strategies and tactics and implementing them throughout the sales team.
- Define and implement sales methodologies to achieve sales goals
- Define and oversee sales infrastructure and tools
- Refine and polish sales pitches and demo scripts
- Collaborate with executive leadership to define key verticals and prospects
- Assist with defining pricing methodologies as well as pricing parameters including minimum deal size
- Educate prospects on Chatbox products and services
- Set up and run examples and demos of our software for customers
- Build out and manage/organize a team of sales individuals as required to support growth
- Meet or exceed targets for customer acquisition
- Relay market needs and requirements back to internal product and marketing teams to enable customer focused product development
- Generate new customers through phone, email, SMS and in person networking utilizing a combination of organic leads, paid leads, and self-prospecting
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasts and pipeline reporting
Qualifications and Skills
- 7-10 years of experience in sales, with ~3 years of experience in sales management
- A Bachelor’s degree required
- Active listener and effective communicator
- Proven ability to influence others
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, bias to action, and comfort in an ever-changing startup environment
- Ability to converse with senior client stakeholders and manage challenging conversations in a professional manner
- Very strong organizational skills with a high attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Strong time management skills and prioritization
- Proven experience building a go-to-market strategy and sales plan and successful experience building and growing a sales pipeline
- Experience selling enterprise software product(s) to a variety of industries and tailoring sales strategies to meet the needs of the customer
- Experience closing strategic opportunities; experience closing six and seven-figure deals
- Experience providing status reports with market and customer feedback to the leadership team
- Demonstrated ability in all aspects of sales leadership, including growing (hiring and onboarding) and managing a sales team
- Advanced experience with MS Office and CRM tools (particularly Salesforce.com)
- Ambition and desire for growth - We’re eager to find individuals who want to grow with the business and are looking for a real opportunity for personal growth and success
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly, with comfort to own and improve on existing processes - We are collaborative and embrace pushing boundaries to drive success!
- Marketing experience is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Early stage stock options plan: We want you to be truly invested in the amazing things you’re helping to build
- Flexible Paid Time Off: We believe people are at their best when they have the time to rest their minds and bodies
- Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD/Life/AD&D): A healthy team is a happy team. We offer a competitive medical and dental plan to keep you and your family in tip-top shape.
- 401K: another place to stash that hard-earned cash.
- A fun office with well-stocked kitchen: Snacks do the body good
- Team Appreciation: Socials, game nights, company potlucks, and poker and ping-pong tournaments help keep the Chatbox team connected and energized
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and not require sponsorship of a visa.
Not finding the right position for your skill set? Send us your resume anyway.
Don't miss a thing. Stay up to date on the latest tips, hacks, and news.
“The impact to our admissions process was instant and measurable. We saw an increase in conversion in less than a week, and the impact was so indisputable we cancelled testing and rolled it out globally.”
Edward Nevraumont, COO, General Assembly