POSTED ON 06.05.18
Full Stack Engineer
Chatbox® is an integrated messaging ecosystem that businesses leverage to create and automate personalized, results-oriented conversations across texting, chat and social channels. The Chatbox plug and play ecosystem connects an enterprise’s existing data and systems with the latest messaging technologies to meet evolving consumer demands. Our team is growing fast and we are looking for an ambitious, dynamic individual with experience as a Full Stack Engineer to join our team in Seattle!
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer who will take a key role on our team. Our Senior Full Stack Engineer must have knowledge in all stages of software development, be comfortable taking initiative, and be excited about playing a big role in taking Chatbox to the next level.
You’ll be working alongside other engineers, designers and product owners, collaborating on the various layers of the infrastructure for our platform. You should be comfortable working on all aspects of our system, be it tuning database queries, writing rock solid application logic in our service layer, or fine tuning our client caching layer.
- Help with overall design and architecture of our saas-application infrastructure
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Maintain code integrity and organization
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of the front-end and back-end aspects of the web application
- Minimum 10 years experience as server and/or full stack engineer
- Familiarity and comfort working with Microservices and Cloud Computing
- Highly experienced in coding with Java (J2SE, Sockets, Threads, JDBC)
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL development
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, bias to action, and comfort in an ever-changing startup environment
- Knowledge of GIT, and open source development
- Experience with Agile Development Practices and SCRUM style planning
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- BA/BS Degree
- Experience working in a startup environment
Compensation & Benefits
- Early stage stock options plan: We want you to be truly invested in the amazing things you’re helping to build.
- Flexible Paid Time Off: We believe people are at their best when they have the time to rest their minds and bodies.
- Health Benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/LTD/STD/Life/AD&D): A healthy team is a happy team.
- We offer a competitive medical and dental plan to keep you and your family in tip-top shape.
- 401(k): another place to stash that hard-earned cash.
- A fun office with well-stocked kitchen: Snacks do the body good.
- Team Appreciation: Socials, game nights, company potlucks, and poker and ping-pong tournaments help keep the Chatbox team connected and energized.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. and do not require the sponsorship of a visa.
Not finding the right position for your skill set? Send us your resume anyway.
Don't miss a thing. Stay up to date on the latest tips, hacks, and news.
“The impact to our admissions process was instant and measurable. We saw an increase in conversion in less than a week, and the impact was so indisputable we cancelled testing and rolled it out globally.”
Edward Nevraumont, COO, General Assembly